|Description||Adds some worldbuilding functionality to LK sites|
|Contains a Migration|
Referred to in-site as World Expanded.
World Expansion adds the following to Lorekeeper:
- Locations (and Types)
- Events (and Categories)
- Figures (and Categories)
- Fauna (and Categories)
- Flora (and Categories)
- Concepts (and Categories) - Thanks Mercury!
- Factions (and Categories) - Thanks Mercury!
- 1 Installation
- 2 Configuration
- 3 Usage
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 See Also
This is now on the Develop branch and requires PHP 7.4 and Laravel 8
- Pull the branch and fix and conflicts manually.
- Migrate to add tables with the command:
php artisan migrate
- Add site settings and world page with the command:
php artisan add-world-expansion
- Add to extension tracker:
php artisan update-extension-tracker
If you want to add more Display Styles for locations, they are housed in the Location model.
To edit the main World page (found at site.com/world/info), you may edit it at the same place as regular Pages. If you remove the page with the key world, the page will break.
There are settings in the Site Settings that will need to be toggled in order to:
- Allow users to have locations attached as their homes
- Allow characters to have locations attached as their homes
- Set time limits to how often users can change their own home locations and factions
- Allow users to have factions attached
- Allow characters to have factions attached
Display of Associated Things
Most of the associated parts (items, locations, etc) on individual pages have commented-out versions that are the thumbnails of the various items/locations/etc.
Notice: If you delete any categories, the things within those categories will be deleted.
In order to create locations, you will need to add a location type. Once the following are created, you will be able to attach or add:
- Locations: (Users/Characters) Specialized Styles (such as Island of Man vs Man Island)
- Events: Figures, Locations
- Figures: Items, Faction
- Fauna: Items, Locations
- Flora: Items, Locations
- Concepts: Items, Locations
- Factions: (Users/Characters) Events, Figures, Locations
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this on the `develop` branch?
Yes!, thanks to Mercury, who also added Concepts and Factions!
Does everything need a category to create?
Yes. I'll be adding that in to the admin panel text soon.
I don't want to use Categories for XYZ
They're required by the extension, so my suggestion is to create one category, such as "Event" or "Location" and simply use that for all of your events or locations.
You'll need to do several things. For this reason, unless multiple sites want a particular link added, I'll leave this up to you.
- Create a migration for a table to link many-to-many
- Create a model for this new link
- Edit the controller, service, and form to include this new link (Look at existing links)
- Edit the existing models to have Relations to the new Model you created
- Edit the blades to show the newly linked things.
I'm possibly missing some important things, but if you look at the existing links you should be able to figure them out!
No errors are currently known - if you find any issues, let me know on the Discord! (Uri#2154)
Extensions:Page_Categories by Juni also has Lore Pages, which are awesome!