Extensions:Screenshot Meta Tag Images
|Description||Adds support for page screenshots as meta tag images.|
Built on develop.
Adds support for screenshots as the meta tag/preview image (on twitter, discord, etc.) captured from the page as viewed at the time. This is accomplished via use of the thum.io API; note that while up to 1000 screenshots are available per month free, beyond this requires a paid account. However, this service was selected in particular due to being fairly lenient in its free limit and affordable beyond that.
- Sign up for a thum.io account. Make a key; this can be called whatever you want.
- On the dashboard, click "keys", then "more info" next to the key you made. Click "Edit key" at the bottom of the page.
- Set "Type" to "MD5". Click "Save".
- Record the ID and Secret Key displayed.
- Add the following values to your .env file:
- Pull the branch.
Screenshot images should display with the rest of the meta tag information automatically (for pages without specifically set preview images) when a page on the site is linked.
Find me in the Lorekeeper server!